Just like last week I happened to do my walk through during everyone's recess time, this week it was Hebrew. Obviously I know that all of the classes try to incorporate at least a little bit of Hebrew into their lesson every week, but I'm only really familiar with how we have set that up in the kindergarten classroom (about a letter a day with games). It was interesting to happen into all of the other classrooms and to see just how interactive it is. I saw teachers helping students, however it was mostly the madrichim running the Hebrew lessons.
But there were also a lot of students helping themselves and each other.
It was just a really cool experience to be able to see how integrated our school is with the teachers and students working together. The school where I learned Hebrew back home did not necessarily work this way - it did in some classrooms, but not in all of them. Here, that integration is something that we really push for and I LOVE IT!
I hope you all have a good week!
Sarah (Gan teacher and communications person)
Sarah, It's funny that you chose Hebrew. I had the same experience yesterday doing my walk around. I found all the classes during Hebrew time. I was impressed with how involved the madrichim were, but also how engaged the students were in learning. They are all working so hard and have come a long way!
ReplyDelete