Sunday, October 27, 2013

Kitah Gimmel Talking Torah

Our Kitah Gimmel class "talked Torah" today.  After hearing the story of the Binding of Isaac with the madrichot acting the parts, they divided into pairs and worked with the madrichot to prepare their own skits.  Here are some of the questions and comments that they discussed.   
 


Teacher Michael:  I saw that in your skit Isaac wanted to run- did he know what was going on?


Avery: He might have known because he was going up the mountains and they wouldn't go up for no reasons. He might have known that the sacrifice was going to be him.

Danny: Maybe Isaac might have overheard God talking to Abraham


 
Jacob: I think that he [Isaac] didn't know because it says in the story that he [Isaac] asked.   And Abraham says that God will provide the sacrifice.



Danny:  I think God was setting him up because God wanted to test Abraham to see if he's actually listening.  I think Abraham didn't know he was being tested.

Jacob:  God didn't want Abraham to know that he was being tested.   God blesses him for showing that God is the most important thing

Monica:  What if when they were in the house it wasn't God who spoke?  Then God saw he away going too far and said, "See there's a ram."

Sydney: I'm thinking that God was trying to test him because maybe God made that ram get stuck there.  Would he kill his son or the ram?


Avery:  I think God tried to see if Abraham would be able to do what God said.   Maybe God wanted to see if Abraham would do such a thing just for God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment