Sunday, October 12, 2014

Z'man Simchateinu

Sukkot is called the Time of Happiness, Z'mar Simchateinu.   We try to create this spirit and energy when we plan the Beit Sefer Sukkot program.  

Today I saw students dancing, singing, making arts and crafts, eating their edible Sukkot and reading stories.   

The edible Sukkah seems to win the annual favorite.  The super long chains, the flower pom poms and other decorations added lots of color to our Sukkah!




I was so impressed with the students participating in the Israeli dancing! How fun to see all our students jumping up and down.   I'm so proud of our madrichot who initiated this activity and helped to make it happen!

I'm never sure of the relationship between the combined work to create a program and its lasting impact on the students.   If nothing else, I hope our students learned that Sukkot is a fun holiday with lots of smiling.   I know that I was smiling watching them!

No comments:

Post a Comment