Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Our Teaching Teams Planning

Ilana and the PreK team
Florencia and the Gan (K)team
I (Leah, the Director) notice that I tend to prefer to take and post photos of the students, madrichim and teachers engaged in what they do at Beit Sefer.  I think the that you have seen in this year's previous posts show what I see and what I am looking for when I walk around the school.  Usually, I am watching to see engagement in learning, the development of community, and building of relationships.  I am watching when we are doing it successfully, and how we are doing it.   

Today, I had a chance to go around and take photos of the teams of teachers while they were meeting.   This time I took smiling, looking at the camera photos so that you could see the faces of the people whose collaboration, planning, thoughtfulness and caring make everything happen.

Eve and the Dalet (4th) team
Heather and the Bet (2nd) team







On the early days at Beit Sefer (when we have Beit Sefer on the first Sunday of the month, the grade level teams meet for 30 minutes before our teacher meeting.  This is how our teachers build a collaborative program with the teens who work in their classrooms.   The madrichim are an invaluable source of feedback and insight.   Here are four of our teams that were busy at work this past Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment