
Our classes have been getting ready for Big Sunday. Our Kitah Heh class is ready for everything lemon!They have prepared lemonade to sell, lemon bars, and I think there's more coming. Money raised from selling lemonade and other lemon items will be donated to Alex's Lemonade Stand, a non-profit organization that raises money to fight childhood cancer.
On Tuesday, I joined Scripss Professor Nancy Auerbach and some of her students in the food justice programto harvest fruit that we can put in the lunch bags which our friends at INSAN will donate to food pantries to distribute to hungry families. I was not so excited about being ready to harvest at 7:30am, but the angle of the sun on the mountains, the long shadows, the smells of the garden, and the sounds of the many birds chirping away changed my mind. I proudly picked over 100 tangerines and a bag full of kumquats for Kitah Vav's project of making lunches this Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment